15 November, 2008

It's Just A Jump To The Left



So after gallivanting around the world, taking pictures of all those wonderful sights, I had to get used to the idea that my subject was going to be limited, for the most part, to the Permian Basin (that's the Midland/Odessa region in west Texas for those who don't know--or have never smelled it).


What do we have here to shoot? Pumpjacks. Jackrabbits. Pumpjacks. Pipe yards. Pumpjacks. Horned lizards. Pumpjacks. Prickly pear cactus. Pumpjacks. Yucca. Pumpjacks. Odessa meteor crater. Pumpjacks. Monahans Sand Hills state park. Pumpjacks. Crude oil tanker trucks. Pumpjacks. Buzzards. Pumpjacks . . . .

Did I mention all the oil well pumpjacks?

Not exactly breathtaking photographic possibilities.

So I had to get creative with the subjects available to me using lighting and perspective.

Does it work out? Time will tell.

No comments: