09 January, 2010

On It Being 2010...

I completely blew off 2009, blogging-wise. Nu.

I still haven't gotten in to the whole blogging thing (as you can plainly see). I haven't the foggiest why I brought it up now anyway. I didn't even have a bookmark for it in my Firefox--I had to search for it.

Well, here I am. On my third straight day of not being at work due to low temperatures. Thanks, Mr. "Internet-Creating," "Global Warming, Fear Mongering," Roboto (also known as Al Gore. No really, watch him move. He is a robot in disguise!). The sub-freezing temperatures that are drastically digging in to my paycheck this week have to be your fault. I don't have any scientific data to back this up. But then, you didn't have any real data to back up your global warming nonsense, either.

So it's 2010. The local economy is slowly climbing up out of the hole that it fell in to when Hope & Change got sworn in. The rest of the country may have been in a tail spin prior to that, but our local oil-driven economy had been doing fine until that event.

I have zero faith in the US Bashing politico currently in the White House, or the wicked witch that heads up the House of Representatives (does that make him one of her flying monkeys? No, no--no need to lambaste me for being a racist. It's not a racist remark. It's a movie reference. Not everything has to be about the color of his skin. Get over yourself). He needs to spend more time fixing (or at lest trying to fix) our country, and less time showboating around the world, bowing to foreign leaders and telling them how sorry he is for what a rotten nation we've been. But this is just my opinion . . . .

Hey, Hope & Change: if you don't like it here, leave. I won't miss you in the least. I promise. As for She-Who-Pulls-Your-Leash . . . that woman is delusional. I mean, c'mon--health-care reform as her Christmas present to the country? (Would someone please point me to the returns department for that gift?)

No, I'm not going to go off on a rant about the whole state of our current government with footnotes and charts, and videos about what a group of incompetents they are. Suffice it to say they are over paid and out of touch with the nation. Let's lump those four sycophant news networks in with them, too. (NBC, ABC, CBS, & CNN in case you're out of touch with reality.) We'll close out this thought with the hope promised by the date January 20, 2012!

Now, about 2009 . . . the economy tanked. So what did I do? Started my own business. Tada! Been There Photography is born! Support the arts. By my stuff. It'll look good on your wall. Might even cover up the hole you punched when you figured out you were bamboozled in the last presidential election.

My boy finished his tour in Baghdad safely. Thank you, Father! I'm believing that will be his last deployment. Hmm, that brings us back to Hope & Change and broken promises. I hope he'll change this.

My daughter returned from L.A. to help me run what is now a family business. (Did I mention that I want you to buy my stuff?) The bad part about this is that I now have to remember to put on a robe when I get up in the middle of the night.

So what is ahead for 2010? Hopefully the temperatures will rise enough that I can actually go to work this coming Monday. Hopefully my own business will take off. (PLUG: Buy my stuff!) Hopefully the government will get their act together and do something that actually helps the nation, and not just themselves. (Hey, I do write Science Fiction, after all!)

On the subject of science fiction--has anyone told the SyFy channel that they created a name that sounds like a social disease? And while I'm at it, your made-for-TV movies r teh phail. I mean, Megafault? C'mon! That was a Megafail. And wrestling does NOT belong on the siffy channel--no matter how you spell it.

Do go see movie Avatar in 3d. Awesome movie if you treat it as a really cool story with spectacular CG effects, and not the latest in a series of Hollywood endeavors to promote the new Liberal Progressive's villain: the Capitalist.

Speaking of Capitalists, did I mention that I have my own business selling my fine art photography?

/commercial

No comments: