22 September, 2013

*blowing off the dust*

Has it really been almost a year since I posted on this pathetic excuse for a blog? Wow. Well, in my own defense, I was working hard on getting the first draft of my novel Sherpa Holmes finished. And it is. So is the first rewrite. It's now in the hands of my alpha readers. Yet, I'm still itching to work on it. I find myself opening the file up at least 3 times per week to tweak it. NOTE: That was TWEAK, not twerk. But I need to give my readers time to finish reading and commenting on it. That will happen on the last day of September . . . 2013, not 2012.

Like all writers I am suffering from a need to write. I crave working on my novel. I want to finish it and get it into the hands of my readers. But . . .

So what now? I did snap off a quick short story and stuffed it in a folder as the lead story for Will Write SciFi For Food, Three. Wrote that in a lazy Sunday afternoon. Short stories have always been a breeze for me. (See Toys in the Attic.)

I have many ideas rattling around upstairs with my imaginary friends. I just need to grab a few and get them down on a page before I lose them. But which one to start with?

Who knows?

And who knows when I'll write another post on this. The mind boggles!

No comments: