28 September, 2013

Write something!

It's Saturday. Got a turkey breast roasting in the oven; the dogs are fed; the kitchen sink is clogged and refuses to unclog; I'm out of clog removing chemicals; it's National Drink Beer day; and I need to write.


I still have the urge to pull out Sherpa Holmes and work on that novel. But I cannot. I have only a few more days until the deadline for my alpha readers arrives, and I need to just leave that manuscript alone until they are done.


But Sherpa has been my life for the past 2.5 years now. That is what I worked on, day in and day out, hour after hour. Putting it away and moving on to something else has been difficult. Nay, impossible!


I've not written much of anything since I sent it off to my readers. I popped off that quick short story, and that's about it. I did open up my next novel, Cogs, and read what I had written up to now. At some point I fixed the beginning of it. Oy vey! What have I done? I ruined the opening. So I suppose I will have to go rip that apart and start over.


Well, there's a plan. *rolls up sleeves* Cover me. I'm going in...

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Despite having to do some demolition... yay for new novel! :D

Tim Baer said...

Huh. There's no LIKE button on Blogger... =\